Hey guys! back again with another review and swatches series 😀 Today i want to share my review and some swatches of Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. I bought this while i’m in Singapore (just in case you didn’t see my Singapore haul post, you can read it here). This is not a new product, it’s already up in the market for a while. But i still want to give my honest thought for this product, so here we go!
I bought this in shade luminous light and described as : A champagne pearl powder that creates a soft, incandescent candlelit glow—day or night.
They have a total of 6 shades of the lighting powder, the other 5 are :
• ETHEREAL LIGHT: An opalescent sheer, cool white powder that mimics a moonlit glow—even in broad daylight.
• DIFFUSED LIGHT: A soft, warm, pale yellow powder that conceals redness and gives skin clarity—like a soft ray of morning light.
• DIM LIGHT: A neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights a radiant complexion with the perfect balance of warm and cool tones.
• MOOD LIGHT: A soft, sheer lavender pink powder that mimics the softest, most forgiving light and brightens the complexion.
• RADIANT LIGHT: A sun-kissed golden beige that enhances overall complexion with believable, subtle warmth, and also extends a summer glow.
I bought luminous light because it’s the prettiest among all when i swatch it at the counter. Tbh, with the yellow lighting and i’m being a bit rushed at that time, all the colour almost look same for me, only a subtle difference in tone. I like the packaging, it feels luxurious, but at the same time i hate it too because i can see my fingerprints all over the case. It feels dirty for me.
The powder itself is finely milled, very buttery and soft. It has no smell to it. It’s really pretty when the light hits the pan. The colour is indeed champagne pearl, it has slight peach tone to it (it won’t be as obvious when it’s blended) and it gives you pearly fine shimmer finish. I use this as a highlighter because i’m too scared to use this as a finishing powder as my skin is very oily. It’s not as long wearing on me, because i have exceptional oily skin but around 5 hours before it’s start to fade is still acceptable.
i suggest you to try this yourself at the counter before you buy this because the pics can’t tell you much. Overall i love this ambient lighting powder except for the price and the fingerprints trace all over the case 😦
Name : Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder – Shade Luminous Light
Price : USD46
Origin : USA (made in Italy)
Pros : great texture, finely milled powder, beautiful finish, lovely colour
Cons : expensive, the case leaves ‘dirty’ impression when you already use it for a few times because of your fingerprints are everywhere
Ratings : 4/5
I’ll see you in my next post!